Singer Dencia has come to the defense of the Nigerian carpenter caught burying charms in his workshop so as to attract customers.
Going onTwitter, Dencia revealed that the man should be left alone because what he’s done is no different from what Asians and Hispanics do openly and are not questioned.
Y’all walk into Asian restaurants, nail shops, Hispanic ones with all type of juju looking things in front. They even feed these things but I don’t see y’all complaining about it. Let people believe in what they believe.
Her post was in reaction to @seyithefirst who tweeted in defence of the carpenter.
This is a carpenter who, according to the news, was caught with “charms” buried in his own shop.
I have a few questions. You’re not obliged to answer, but these are questions I had in my head when I saw this video.
1) has he committed any crime by doing this?
2) if his intentions were to attract customers to his shop or business, what is the difference between what he has done and someone who mounts a rosary or an image of a God on his wall to attract and hope and pray for his or her business to grow and attract customers?
3) what’s the difference between what the carpenter did and those who use anointed handkerchiefs to cure ailments, raise the dead, heal the sick and hope to prosper?
4) if this carpenter believes that this “charm” will make his enemies fall and die, what is the difference between his belief and those who hold on to their religious books or symbols and they pray for their enemies to fall and die?
6) if you sue this carpenter to any court of competent jurisdiction, for allegedly possessing charms, will you successfully get a conviction?
As you ponder over this tweet, please remove any form of sentiment, and let’s start questioning the reasons why some things we do in Africa are demonized and we worship the foreign ones. When in actual sense, they have obvious similarities.
Kobe Bryant Helicopter Crash: Eight victims named
While the sporting world still mourns the loss on of of its greats, other victims from the fatal Kobe Bryant...
Maryam Sanda sentenced to death for killing her husband in Abuja
Federal Capital Territory High Court has sentenced Maryam Sanda to death for killing her husband, Bilyaminu Bello. She has been...
‘My church doesn’t have the highest number of single ladies’ – MFM General Overseer, Daniel Olukoya
Daniel Olukoya, the senior pastor of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, has denied claims that his church has...
Davido, Toke Makinwa and other Nigerian celebrities mourn Kobe Bryant and his daughter ‘s death
Legendary basketball player, Kobe Bryant, has just died in a California helicopter crash. The ugly incident took place today, Sunday,...
Nigerian woman in her 60s gets married for the first time (photos)
A 60-year-old woman got married for the first time on Saturday, January 25, in Anambra state. The woman, fondly called...
- Celebrity Gist1 day ago
Davido and Chioma allegedly not on talking terms (Video)
- General1 day ago
‘Come To Daddy’ – Zlatan shoots his shot at Tacha (Video)
- Entertainment News1 day ago
‘I can’t believe my Auntie Bobrisky blocked me’ – James Brown cries out
- Entertainment News11 hours ago
Grammy Award Winners 2020: Full List
- Entertainment News2 days ago
Peruzzi acquires a house in Lagos (Video)
- Entertainment News14 hours ago
Legendary singer Angelique Kidjo dedicates Grammy award to Burna Boy after beating him to it (video)
- Entertainment News17 hours ago
Burna Boy loses Grammy award to Angelique Kidjo
- Entertainment News1 day ago
Simi Esiri confirms the end of her marriage to singer Dr Sid