Singer Dencia has come to the defense of the Nigerian carpenter caught burying charms in his workshop so as to attract customers.
Going onTwitter, Dencia revealed that the man should be left alone because what he’s done is no different from what Asians and Hispanics do openly and are not questioned.
Y’all walk into Asian restaurants, nail shops, Hispanic ones with all type of juju looking things in front. They even feed these things but I don’t see y’all complaining about it. Let people believe in what they believe.
Her post was in reaction to @seyithefirst who tweeted in defence of the carpenter.
This is a carpenter who, according to the news, was caught with “charms” buried in his own shop.
I have a few questions. You’re not obliged to answer, but these are questions I had in my head when I saw this video.
1) has he committed any crime by doing this?
2) if his intentions were to attract customers to his shop or business, what is the difference between what he has done and someone who mounts a rosary or an image of a God on his wall to attract and hope and pray for his or her business to grow and attract customers?
3) what’s the difference between what the carpenter did and those who use anointed handkerchiefs to cure ailments, raise the dead, heal the sick and hope to prosper?
4) if this carpenter believes that this “charm” will make his enemies fall and die, what is the difference between his belief and those who hold on to their religious books or symbols and they pray for their enemies to fall and die?
6) if you sue this carpenter to any court of competent jurisdiction, for allegedly possessing charms, will you successfully get a conviction?
As you ponder over this tweet, please remove any form of sentiment, and let’s start questioning the reasons why some things we do in Africa are demonized and we worship the foreign ones. When in actual sense, they have obvious similarities.
Calabar residents sing National anthem after emptying warehouse of Covid-19 palliatives (Video)
A video making the rounds on social media has captured the moment Calabar residents sang the national anthem at the...
#LekkiMassacre: Some victims are unable to receive treatment due to lack of x-ray machine – Media personality, IK Osakioduwa
Media personality, IK Osakioduwa has disclosed that some of the gunshot victims from the Lekki toll gate shooting have been...
Man Celebrates His Young Mother Who Had Him At 16 (Photos)
Twitter user @brykeIbriza has shared adorable photos of himself standing next to his mother who was rocking a graduation gown....
#EndSars: Hoodlums cart away gas cookers from a warehouse in Lagos (Video)
Some hoodlums have reportedly carted away gas cookers and other valuable home appliances from a warehouse in the state. Reports...
I don’t know why I did it – Lady who was nabbed alongside her brother setting people’s properties ablaze, says (Video)
A Nigerian lady has been nabbed alongside her brother, setting people’s properties on fire. In a viral video, the lady...
Entertainment News2 days ago
Actress Ada Ameh breaks down, begs Buhari to allow her bury her daughter (Video)
Entertainment News1 day ago
Tiwa Savage replies Beyonce’s mom who slammed her for calling her daughter out to join #EndSARS campaign
Entertainment News7 hours ago
#LekkiMassacre: “The biggest mistake we made was keeping the bodies at the feet of soldiers” – DJ Switch speaks in new video
Viral News1 day ago
“This guy made me go through depression in the name of love” – Lady shares chat with ex boyfriend who allegedly got her pregnant and denied the baby
Entertainment News2 days ago
#EndSars: Mark Angel Almost Beaten Up By Angry Protesters Who Accused Him Of Using Them For Comedy (Video)
Viral News2 days ago
#EndSars: Moment a suspected DPO ran to a hotel and scaled the fence after hoodlums stormed his station (Video)
Viral News13 hours ago
“My house don full” – Lady shows off her loot from Lagos COVID-19 palliative warehouse (Video)
News1 day ago
Read full text of President Buhari’s state of the nation address