APC Presidential candidate, Gen RTD Muhammadu Buhari reacted to the recent CNN interview were soldiers claimed they were not properly equipped for combat and buy their own uniforms and shoes.
Buhari addressed this issue during a campaign at the Ibrahim Babaginda Square in Markurdi on Friday, January 16, 2015.
Buhari said when voted in power, soldiers will be equipped and they won’t have to buy uniforms and shoes. Also everything they need will be provided for them so as to make them focus on what matters.
In his words;
“It is unfortunate that despite the trillions of naira the government has been voting for security in the last four years, our military men today cannot fight Boko Haram.”
“The morale of the military, police and other law enforcement agencies is very low, otherwise how can our soldiers go and grant interviews to the press that they cannot fight Boko Haram? Go and see the trillions of naira voted for security in the last four years for weapons and training, yet, insurgents are clamping down on our soldiers.”
“Our soldiers won’t need to buy uniforms when APC comes into government. Our soldiers and policemen will not buy uniforms and shoes. They will be provided for them and they will be told to be patriotic and loyal to law and order,”
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- Man Relocates To Polling Unit To Be First Person To Vote Buhari; Gives Reason
- #NigeriaDecides2019: Buhari Wins Presidential Election In Sokoto
- #NigeriaDecides2019: Buhari Wins Presidential Election In Lagos
- #NigeriaDecides2019: Buhari Wins Presidential Election In Nasarawa
- Tension In Camp PDP: Dele Momodu replies Reno Omokri who called him a snake over tweets to Atiku