A faction of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) has reportedly dumped Donald Duke and adopted President Buhari as its consensus candidate for the upcoming presidential election.
Recall that it was reported here that the Court of Appeal in Abuja Donald Duke, as the presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) after being replaced by Jerry Gana.
According to a report, the party made the decision on Thursday during its national executive council meeting in Abuja, though they explained that the adoption does not herald a merger with the APC.
Prior to the development, Donald Duke, former governor of Cross River, was the flag bearer of the SDP.
Duke was declared the presidential candidate of the party in January following a ruling by the court of appeal in Abuja which set aside the judgment of an Abuja high court declaring Jerry Gana, the former information minister, as the party’s presidential flagbearer.
Recall that Donald Duke left the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2018 to pursue his presidential ambitions on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- Court Declares Donald Duke SDP Presidential Candidate
- Party Expels Jerry Gana Over Anti Party Activities And Suspends Donald Duke For Lack Of Respect
- Wild Jubilation As Atiku Defeats Donald Duke In His Polling Unit In Calabar
- Olu Falae Quits Politics; Resigns As Chairman Of SDP
- Nigeria Decides2019: FFK delivers his polling unit to Atiku, advises Buhari to “start packing his bags!”