Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Senator Dino Melaye and Senator Ben Murray-Bruce have sued the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, and the FCT Commissioner of Police over “humiliation, intimidation, harassment”
The lawmakers said they suffered harassment in the hands of police officers during their Friday protest against the outcome of Osun governorship election where the candidate of the APC Gboyega Oyetola emerged winner. According to Punch, they are demanding N500m as damages.
The senators are therefore praying the court to among others, direct the defendants to “jointly and severally pay the applicants the sum of N500m, being the pecuniary and exemplary damages arising from the humiliation, intimidation, harassment and unlawful attempt to arrest the applicants by the agents of the second respondent (Commissioner of Police).”
Court papers obtained by Daily Post’s correspondent on Monday showed that the suit, with Number FHC/ABJ/03/095/2018, was filed by Mahmud Abubakar Magaji, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, on behalf of the senators.
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect
- Oshiomhole mocks Saraki, says Kwarans have buried his political career
- Saraki won’t return to the Senate – APC vows
- Senator Ben Bruce retweets a post that describes Oby Ezekwesili as a ‘yahoo boy’ (Screenshot)
- Breaking: Senate president, Saraki kicked out of senate after a terrible loss to APC’s Oloriegbe