African leaders at the 29th ordinary session of the assembly of African union (AU) in Addis Ababa on Tuesday, picked Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari to lead the fight against corruption in the African Union.
The Nigerian president is expected by virtue of his selection to spearhead the AU summit scheduled for 2018 tagged: “Winning the Fight against Corruption: Sustainable Path to Africa’s Transformation.’’
In his statement to newsmen Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, Nigerai’s foreign minister told newsmen that the endorsement was in recognition of the President Buhari administration’s commitment and glowing success in the fight against corruption in Nigeria and globally.
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- President Buhari mourns the death of two Nigerians in the Ethiopian airline tragedy
- 2019 Election: ‘I am not afraid to lose’ – President Buhari Declares
- President Buhari thanks Nigerians for re-electing him
- #NigeriaDecides2019: President Buhari and wife, Aisha casts vote In Daura (Photos/Video)
- ‘I am very grateful to the over 15 million citizens who voted for me’ – President Buhari says as he receives his certificate of return from INEC