Ghanaian actress, Lydia Forson shared this open letter to her fellow feminists on her instagram page.In the rather lenghty post, she wrote;
Let’s not fight those who don’t get us; especially those who continue to promote the stereotype that has followed the movement for years because of the actions of some and the misconception of others.
Instead let’s try to educate them, seeing that a lot of them don’t seem to know any better or what the word feminism even means.
If that doesn’t work IGNORE and save your energy for a fight that’s really worth it.
But here’s a little education for those needing it.
1. We don’t hate men, we just don’t like the abusive, oppressive and chauvinist type; we also don’t believe our world “should” revolve around them if we don’t want it to. (Honey if you want your world to revolve around your man, go right ahead knowing you did it by CHOICE). 2. We don’t hate marriage, we just don’t believe it’s a MUST for every woman, or there’s a timeline for when you should just to please society.
3. A lot of feminist are married and even stay at home wives. Author Malaka Grant is a wonderful mother of 4 a stay at home mom and one of the strongest feminist I know. Famed author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is equally married with a child. My sis Hajia-Xalia Qassim is equally a mother, wife and a strong feminist. **So where’s the proof that feminist hate marriage or never marry.
4. Feminism isn’t a word limited to only women, but men too. Because it’s all about the fight for equality irrespective of gender; if you’re a man and you believe this, you’re a feminist.
5. Feminism has no age, class or “look”. How you dress, the job you do, your lifestyle etc doesn’t determine whether or you’re more or less of a feminist. You can wear a mini skirt, a hijab or dress like a tomboy and still be a feminist.
Ultimately it’s about having the right to have a say in how we live our lives, what we do with our bodies etc regardless of how you may feel about it.
You don’t have to LIKE what we stand for, but you have to respect our right to do so.
On that note; listen ain’t no body got time to be fighting battles that will only exhaust and drain us, if you don’t want to be educated we’ll take a back seat, get some popcorn and watch you entertain us with your ignorance.”
“Thank you for keeping my head straight” – Tuface appreciates his wife, Annie
Last night, Nigerian music legend 2face Idibia at the flag off ceremony to celebrate his 20th year on stage took out time to...
TBoss fuels pregnancy rumors after releasing wedding-themed photos
Reality TV, Tboss has not come out to deny or confirm the rumors that she might be pregnant. The ex...
Kcee Celebrates His 40th Birthday In Style (Photos)
Nigerian singer and Five Star music act, Kcee is a year older today. The singer shared these cool new photos...
75 Percent Of Police Officers Are Suffering From Mental Disorder – Mr Jollof
Popular comedian Mr Jollof who contested for House of Rep in Delta state In the last election has slammed police...
Jordyn Woods announces upcoming visit to Nigeria
Reality TV star and Kylie Jenner’s former best friend, Jordyn Woods has announced that she will be coming to Nigeria....
‘I think my wife was a runs girl’ – Nigerian man cries out
Popular relationship expert, Joro Olumofin has shared an email he received from one of his follower who has fell out...
Lady advertises her secret charm perfumes she used to become a millionaire (Video)
A lady has got herself trending on social media after she took to the platform to advertise her secret charm...
I always breastfeed my husband – Relationship Adviser, Ebony Lips
Ebony Lips who is known for dishing out relationship advice on social media as well as selling s*x enhancement drugs...
Mother weeps profusely in court as suspected killers of her first class daughter plead not guilty
It was a somber mood in the Asaba High Court in Delta state yesterday April 17th as the Mother of...
Asthmatic NYSC member dies after parade in Bauchi (photos)
A National Youth Service Corps member in Bauchi State, Magdaline Yohana, has died while participating in a parade on April...
- Entertainment News2 days ago
R. Kelly reportedly has a negative bank account balance
- Viral News1 day ago
Soldier beaten to a pulp for preventing jungle justice (Photos)
- Viral News1 day ago
Nigerian lady, Uju Icy blasts men who boast of having big ‘Gbola’ (Video)
- Viral News2 days ago
Corps member dies after falling from a Danfo in Lagos (Photos)
- Viral News2 days ago
Nigerian Lady sacked while on her way to resume work
- News1 day ago
“Ambode I will fight you with every last drop of blood I have” Woman threatens Governor for detaining her father and his colleagues
- Celebrity Gist2 days ago
Siv Ngesi Rescues Baby Abandoned In The Bush By Her Mother
- Viral News20 hours ago
Everything about Lizzy, the girl rescued by Pastor Tony Rapu are lies – Ex-classmate