He was arrested at the venue of the public presentation of a book on Brigadier Zakariya Maimalari, the first regular combatant officer in the Nigerian Army, in Abuja.
EFCC had to declare Turaki wanted for failing to present himself for trial since 2011 on 36 counts corruption charge before the Federal High Court, Dutch, before the arrest
The court had presented a warrant directing the Inspector General of Police or his officers and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to arrest Saminu Turaki and bring him before the court. The order was given by Justice S. Yahuza after Turaki consistently failed to attend trial. But attempts to execute the warrant failed as Turaki remained elusive.
On May 19, 2016 EFCC operatives acted on a tip-off, stormed the 16 Denis Osadebey Street Asokoro, Abuja home of the former governor but he slipped through their hands.
Turaki faces various charges including criminal conspiracy, stealing, money laundering and misappropriation of public funds.
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- EFCC Accuses Okorocha Of Diverting N1bn For Vote Buying, Arrests Imo Accountant For Allegedly Helping Him
- Atiku’s Son In Law Reportedly Arrested By EFCC
- EFCC Declares War On LAUTECH: The Home Of Cyber Crimes
- Elections: EFCC stopped from probing plane loaded with cash
- LAUTECH Is A Home Of Intellectuals And Not Cyber Crimes – LAUTECH SUG To EFCC