Ex Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, is now the Presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) for the 2019 general election.
He defeated his close opponent, former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, by polling 812 votes to Gana’s 611 votes. John Dara. Former Defence Minister, scored 104 votes. The election took place at the party’s National Convention held at Old Parade Ground, Abuja. Former Ambassador and former Minister, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher polled 72 votes; former Ambassador, Felix Osakwe scored 10 votes, while the number of invalid votes was 63.
Read his acceptance speech:
“we will reawaken in Nigerians that yearning that we are destined to be, but we cannot do this alone.
”What divides us is inadequacy and wants, because in the face of this survival of the fittest comes in, which ought not to be so because there is more than enough for everyone. “If Nigerians were productive and abide by rules and regulations , the nation would grow from strength to strength.This is what good governance is all about and that is what I stand for.”
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- Wild Jubilation As Atiku Defeats Donald Duke In His Polling Unit In Calabar
- Court Declares Donald Duke SDP Presidential Candidate
- SDP faction dumps Donald Duke, adopts President Buhari
- Olu Falae Quits Politics; Resigns As Chairman Of SDP
- Party Expels Jerry Gana Over Anti Party Activities And Suspends Donald Duke For Lack Of Respect