Juventus took charge of Group H in the Champions League, after their 1-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday night. All the pre-match hype was about Cristiano Ronaldo’s return to his old stomping ground and Paul Pogba facing his former team. But it was Paulo Dybala, who sealed the win with a 17th minute goal, as the Serie A champions dominated the game.
Real Madrid beat Plzen 2-1 at Santiago Bernabeu, while Manchester City thrashed Shakhtar Donestk 3-0.
Bayern defeated AEK Athens 2-0 in the early kick-off, Lyon drew 3-3 with Hoffenheim and Valencia were held to a 1-1 draw by Young Boys
According to BBC, when Jose Mourinho was asked if his Manchester United side gave Juventus too much respect.
He replies: “I don’t think so. I tried not to. With the team we played it was to let the boys feel positive and take the positive feeling from our match at Stamford Bridge.
“But Juventus is a different level of quality, I have to be honest. A level of quality, stability, experience, know how. The base of the team they have Bonucci and Chiellini.
“That’s the base that allows them to play with the freedom in attack. ‘Lose the ball, no problem, we are here’.
“We could deserve a goal for the effort of the boys but it was not possible. I have no complaints with my boys. I have a positive feeling for their effort.”
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- Real Madrid Contact Mourinho To Replace Solari As Manager
- Arsene Wenger and I were sweet enemies – Jose Mourinho
- Jose Mourinho makes rare public outing with his wife after his ‘secret friendship’ with a blonde lady is revealed (Photos)
- ‘Ronaldo is pure power, an animal & now he’s also a sorcerer’ – Diego Maradona
- Paul Pogba Crashes Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku’s Post-Match Interview In Spectacular Manner