According to the singer, any man that hits a woman should be referred to as ‘PUSSY BWOI'(coward).
Davido, via Twitter, wrote;
Domestic violence in Nigeria is a problem as in many parts of Africa. There is a deep cultural belief in Nigeria that it is socially acceptable to hit a woman to discipline a spouse.
Domestic violence is widespread and shows no signs of lessening in Nigeria. The CLEEN Foundation reports 1 in every 3 respondents admitting to being a victim of domestic violence.
The survey also found a nationwide increase in domestic violence in the past 3 years from 21% in 2011 to 30% in 2013.
A CLEEN Foundation’s 2012 National Crime and Safety Survey demonstrated that 31% of the national sample confessed to being victims of domestic violence
Traditionally, domestic violence is committed against females. Common forms of violence against women in Nigeria are rape, acid attacks, molestation, wife beating, and corporal punishment.
The Nigerian government has taken legal proceedings to prosecute men or abuse their women in several states.
There is currently a push in Nigeria for federal laws concerning domestic violence and for a stronger national response and support for domestic violence issues.
Read Also 👇👇👇:
- Davido hits 10m followers on Instagram
- Davido Reacts To Photo Of Woman Who Brought Mat And Pillow To Polling Unit
- Davido reacts to President Buhari’s suspension of CJN Walter Onnoghen
- ‘I’m Proud Of You’ Sean Paul Tells Davido, Speaks Of How He Influenced Him
- British TV Host Says Without Wizkid’s Success, There Won’t Be Davido